21.2.16

reading in twenty-sixteen:

Simple fact, I love reading.

It's something that I've always enjoyed. Sure, as a child I also entertained sports and art but reading is what I felt most happy doing. If I was in a car and not driving, I would have a book in hand-- oblivious to whatever top 40 was playing. I went to midnight releases and analysed books in between classes with my best friend. To this day you would be hard-pressed to find me without a book in my bag and I check out more books than my local library is comfortable with (I'm not even sorry). The thing is that sometimes my good intentions are simply that. Due dates fly by and I'm not more than 100 pages in. I take note of the book, mentally promising that I'll be back to finish it as I place it into the book drop-- but that tends to not always work out. So this year for my reading challenge, I'm coming back for those books. I'll also probably be dabbling a bit in book'd out's reading challenge for variety's sake.

The magic number this year? 24, or 2 books a month. Here's the list so far:

January
  • (15) Stardust, Neil Gaiman
  • (28) My Little French Kitchen, Rachel Khoo*
February
  • (21) Spark Joy, Marie Kondō
  • (24) Trigger Warning, Neil Gaiman
March
  • (02) Fangirl, Rainbow Rowell
  • (13) Cinder, Marissa Meyer
  • (19) The Light Between Oceans, M.L. Stedman
  • (30) Uprooted, Naomi Novik
April
  • ??


* = Normally I don't count cookbooks, but I actually made 3-5 things from this!