23.2.16

lumos maxima and hufflepuffs galore


I first read Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them (and it's companion, Qudditich Through The Ages) when I was 8 years old. That's fifteen years since Newton Scamander came into my life. So why does the nine month wait until November seem so agonisingly long? Luckily I have this terribly short teaser trailer to tide me over (and over and over and over).

I know Fantastic Beasts isn't a Hogwarts-centred film but I'm particularly happy that we're moving away from the Gryffindor bias and finally getting a Hufflepuff point of view. Perhaps more people will start to identify with Hufflepuff house and the brilliant witches and wizards it produced-- Newt Scamander, Nymphandora Tonks, Cedric Diggory, Teddy Lupin, etc. My opinion on Hufflepuff house was probably best explained by Rowling's own daughter: 'I think we should all want to be Hufflepuffs.'

Now, excuse me while I continue my fangirling.