11.2.16

hello, is this thing on?


Since I was a child, I've had this weird yet comforting relationship with the moon. Not so incredibly weird where I grew disillusioned and decided to talk to it (but really I should say her, shouldn't I?) but the fascination has always been there. I buried myself in books and stories about Artemis, Hecate, Luna, Selene and lunar deities all around the world. My fascination drank every word I could find on moon phases, cycles and eclipses. From the wolf moon to the cold moon, I was utterly enchanted-- a goner from the day my mother told my about la luna and the deal sealed by Endymion himself. I do not look to the moon for imaginary guidance (however much I wish that actually worked) but as purely childlike optimism and comfort and though I know myself to be reckless and fickle, one thing that I do not leave and that does not leave me, is the moon.

(unless you know, there's a lunar eclipse. but we're not being that pedantic, alright?)